If you plan on selling or renting your house, you came to the right place! Apart from professional cleaning services, handyman services, and home maintenance, we also offer turnkey services, which make sure that your property is ready for its next owner. In other words, we will take care of everything, you just have to make sure that we don’t miss any task that you think could make your home look even better for the future tenants. By reading this article further, you’ll find out a definitive 8 points checklist, that we have to follow closely, for the best possible outcome, both for you and the next inhabitants:
1. Declutter. First of all, before taking pictures or allowing visits to your property, you should declutter, eliminating as many distractions as possible. Make things as simple as possible, with no shoes, toys, mugs, or anything else that could distract the attention from the furnishings, the walls, the natural light, etc.
2. Depersonalise. Even though this might be a little heartbreaking, take out any personal thing. Remember, you won’t stay in this house anymore, at least for a few years, and we’re not sure that the new tenants love your kids’ pictures as much as you do!
3. Check the to–do list. This is where we come in! Does a doorknob need replacing? Do you have a lightbulb on the blink? Must the kitchen cabinets be repaired or repainted? Don’t worry, we are here to help you and make everything look new!
4. Emphasize storage. Storage is very important for practical reasons, so you should make sure that, before taking pictures or receiving guests, you highlight every possible closet, shelf, or storage place they could use in the house.
5. View your property from outside. Many homeowners overlook this aspect, but it’s actually very important because this is what everyone sees at first: how the house looks from the front yard or even over the fence. If there’s something that needs to be arranged around here – it should!
6. Create focal points. Focal points do exactly what’s expected of them: they draw attention to a certain spot, be it an accent wall, a comfy sofa, or a large TV. To put things in perspective, both literally and figuratively, you have to choose the house’s strengths and make sure they stand out.
7. Play down your pets. Revisit point #2! Even if you absolutely love your pets, it’s possible that the next inhabitants don’t. It’s better to be safe than sorry, anyway! So, before arranging a photo or a visit, take out pet beds, litter trays, etc.
8. Clean, clean, clean! Last but not least, you should make sure, or rather WE should make sure, that everything shines, both literally and figuratively. Add a pleasant smell and a lot of natural light in the “equation” and the result won’t be unknown: your chances of selling or renting your property will boost as far as the eye can see!