Thanksgiving is all about quality moments spent with family and friends, so if you are expecting guests this year, your house needs to be in perfect shape! You should take a good look around and come up with a house cleaning plan that is both easy and efficient. If panic hits, don’t worry, we have you covered! Here is a list of things you could do to enjoy your guests’ company in a spotless environment!
Think of the areas in your house that the guests will use (or see). Your front lawn, maybe the back yard, the living room, the kitchen, the dining room, and the bathroom. It’s not the whole house, but you still have some difficult tasks ahead.
Prepare your tools, equipment, and supplies
A successful cleaning process depends on the supplies you choose, so here’s a list of things you will need to tidy up your house for Thanksgiving:
– sprays and detergents for the kitchen and the bathroom;
– one or more plastic bags for the things you want to throw away;
– vacuum cleaner;
– paper towels and dust wipes/spray;
– scrubbing brushes.
Decluttering all the areas you want to clean
You can’t clean a cluttered room, so before you start mopping floors and vacuuming carpets, you need to take care of the clutter in each room or area of your house. Organize your front lawn and backyard and clear out everything in the rooms that doesn’t need to be there. Toys, books, clothes, paperwork and other stuff that is taking up space need to be gone ASAP. Ideally, you will want to organize and sort all the items, but if you can’t do that (or if you are running out of time), just stick all of them in a washing basket.
The actual cleaning of your house
– Ideally, you want to do one activity at a time and one room at a time. Vacuuming will get some dust from the floor into the air and onto the surfaces in your house, so you want to open up all the windows and vacuum the floors in each room (including the bathroom). While you are at it, you can also vacuum the couch.
– After you’ve finished vacuuming, you can start by removing the dust from all the surfaces in your house. Furniture and appliances gather up all the dust, so you need to use a special spray for the delicate surfaces or special dust wipes for wood, glass, or stainless.
– The bathroom must be spotless, so you need to apply some detergent on the toilet and let it work for a bit. In the meantime, you can move to the kitchen, gather up all the dishes, and put them into the dishwasher. By the time you are done, the toilet can be scrubbed, so put on your gloves and do the work! Then you’ll need to wipe all the tiles, the bathtub (or shower), and the sink.
– The windows will need some cleaning as well, so just grab the spray, a dustcloth, and some paper towels and get the job done.
– Give the kitchen a once-over with the spray and wipes including the stovetop, sink, and benches. Unless the oven is in desperate need of a full clean, just wipe it down with a paper towel and spray and wipe.
– Once everything is in order, all you have to do is mop all the floors.
Cleaning your house can be hard, especially if you are throwing a party or expecting some guests. That’s why you need to know that we can take all of that hassle off your hands! If you need the job done right and on time, all you have to do is call us!